Monday, October 10, 2016

5 Songs to get you out of your mid-life rut.




mid·life cri·sis
noun
noun: mid-life crisis
  1. an emotional crisis of identity and self-confidence that can occur in early middle age.
 If you haven't got it yet, it will come. You will wonder are you doing the right thing? Are you mixing company with the right people? Are you wearing the right clothes? Are you in the wrong career? Should you  be raising kids? Should you go back to high school? Move back home? Go to another country?Quit your job? Quit your business. e.t.c

These songs will be very useful. Trust me. I have a mid-life crisis every other week.


That's life- Frank Sinatra

So you have tried everything and nothing seems to work. Have you been a puppet yet? A, basi you need to get back on the race.


 I know one thing

Each time I find myself flat on my face

I pick myself up and get back in the race


That's life (that's life) I tell ya, I can't deny it

I thought of quitting, baby

But my heart just ain't gonna buy it.

 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbm1cHQ7upw
Fabulous by Jaheim
This is a song you will need often. There are times you will feel like keeping your head down but humming this little tune will remind you to only look down to check out how great your new boots look. Watch the video here. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nv13TCH4Fk4
And never G I V E U P

And keep your H E A D U P

And never G I V E U P

And keep your H E A D U P

Ghetto People song by Everton Blender

I like the beat to this song and I like the way he says only ghetto people can sing this one. So if you are a ghetto mid-lifer, this is a good tune for you. Earth is just a big ghetto anyway.

Ghetto people, you try to reach the top

Whether you get the help from mister big or not, yeah

So it's a ghetto people song, only them can sing this

one
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbm1cHQ7upw

Aaliya- Try Again

The message is different here, but whatever mid-life crisis you are facing just imagine  Aaliya was singing this to you:

If  at first you don't succeed (first you don't succeed)
Dust yourself off, and try again
You can dust it off and try again, try again
'Cause if at first you don't succeed (first you don't succeed)
You can dust it off and try again
Dust yourself off and try again, try again


 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRcAvsZgjXA
DNA- Banjuka
and then there are those issues you cannot fix, when you are trying to balance social issues, work, interests and life itself and it's starting to get out of control.... DNA  has some good advice.
Just listen to the chorus, the rest might depress you more.

Ruka juu
banjuka tu
life ni fupi
na mi sijifungi 
naweka shida chini natupa mikono juu
ba ba banjuka tu. 

Jump up, life is short
put your problems down
throw your hands up
then go and read this article to find out if you have the symptoms 
 http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/12/12/midlife-crisis_n_4419481.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

5 ways to say, "My mother died. " For those currently or constantly grieving.

 On a random Thursday, when you get to work, you will find Clara distributing cupcakes at the coffee machine. Banana cupcakes, and you will ...